Floyd County Indiana Traffic Tickets
Tickets are often issued for traffic violations but also for hunting & fishing violations, littering, animal control and others. Failure to pay any ticket may result in suspension of your driver's license! If you get a ticket and you cannot appear in court at the date and time indicated on the bottom of the ticket you may contact the court at 812.948.5413.
If you have been issued a ticket that does not require you to appear in court, you may do one of the following:
• Admit - Admit the violation by paying the scheduled fine and costs on or before the date at the bottom of the ticket. Please wait 2 weeks before attempting to pay your ticket online. The ticket must be turned in by Officer before we may accept payment.
• Click here to pay your traffic ticket online.
• To pay a ticket, you may appear in person in the Clerk's office during regular business hours with cash, a cashier's check or a money order for the total amount.
• You can also mail your payment. We cannot accept personal checks for the payment of tickets. If you choose to mail in your payment, You will need to get a money order or certified check for the amount due. Mail your ticket prior to the court date. If you would like a receipt you must send a self-addressed stamped envelope. A paid ticket will be kept on record and points assigned. Click here for a list of traffic fine fees. Mail your payment to Floyd County Clerk's Office, 311 Hauss Sq. Room 235, New Albany, IN 47150.
• Make a payment over the phone by calling toll free 1-866-480-8552.
• Deny - Deny the violation by appearing in court on the date and time that the officer put on the bottom of your ticket.
• Talk - Talk with the Prosecutor's Office about Deferral at your Court date. For general questions call the Prosecutor’s Office at 948-5422.
If your license has been suspended you need to first pay your ticket at the Clerk's Office. After the ticket is paid, the Clerk's Office will produce a form called an SR-16 and send it to the BMV to clear your license.
The following violations require a court appearance:
- Driving Under the Influence
- Reckless Driving
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving without ever being licensed
- Worksite Violations over (25 MPH and Over limit)
- Driving while Suspended
- Speeding (30mph over limit)
- No Financial Responsibility
- Expired Registration Plate or License
- No Valid License in Possession
Traffic Violation Fees
|Moving Violations:||Infractions (IF):||Ordinance Violations (OV):|
|1-15mph over limit||$ 143.50||$ 160.50|
|16-20mph over limit||$ 148.50||$ 185.50|
|21-25 mph over limit||$ 153.50||$ 210.50|
|26-30 mph over limit||$ 158.50||$ 235.50|
|31 and over MPH over limit||Not Payable with a Fine|
|Driving left of center||$ 146.50|
|Disregarding stop sign||$ 146.50||$ 185.50|
|Disregarding auto signal||$ 146.50||$ 185.50|
|Improper Passing||$ 146.50|
|Unsafe Start||$ 146.50|
|Failure to yield right of way||$ 146.50|
|Following too close||$ 146.50|
|Improper lane usage||$ 146.50|
|Other Moving Violations||Contact Clerk's Office|
|Worksite Violations||(24mph and under add $25.00 to amount)|
|Third Lane Violations||$ 146.50|
|Seat belt violations||$ 25.00|
|Child restraint||$ 25.00|
|Window Tint||$ 141.50|
|Equipment violations - Car||$ 141.50|
|Overweight||Contact Clerk's Office|
|Log book violation||$ 141.50|
|Fuel tax permit||$ 158.00|
|Leaky loads||$ 141.50|
|Seat Belt||$ 146.50|
|Other FMCSR violations||Contact Clerk's Office|
|Out of Service||Contact Clerk's Office|
|ATV Violation||$ 126.50|
For additional information:
Please contact Lindsey Powell for more information on Traffic Tickets.