How to Vote in Floyd County
Thank you for your interest in voting in the upcoming election. Provided below are various ways you can vote in the election. Click on a title below to view more information about that method of voting.
Please Note: You must register to vote at least 29 days before the election. Click here for more information on voter registration
All registered voters in Indiana are eligible to vote absentee-in-person at the County Clerk’s Office beginning 29 days before Election Day.
Absentee-in-Person voters will sign an ABS-7 which is a Absentee Ballot Voted in person envelope in which they will place their ballot into after the cast their vote and scan it through the scanner. That envelope will be sealed by the voter and placed in the ballot box. The box will be emptied and the ballots will be placed in a secure room until the election results have been certified.
IN ORDER TO Vote Absentee-By-mail one of the following must apply:
- You have specific reasonable expectation that you will be absent from the county on Election Day during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open (6 am until 6 pm)
- You have a disability
- You are at least 65 years of age
- You will have official election duties outside of your voting precinct
- You are scheduled to work at your regular place of employment during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open
- You will be confined due to illness or injury or you will be caring for an individual confined due to illness or injury during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open
- You are prevented from voting because of a religious discipline or religious holiday during the entire 12 hours that the polls are open
- You are a participant in the state’s address confidentiality program
- You are a member of the military or a public safety office
- Note: Voters voting absentee-by-mail are NOT required to show photo ID
DOWNLOAD AN ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION:
RETURN ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION TO:
Floyd County Clerk
311 Hauss Square, Room 235
New Albany, IN 47150
The Floyd County Election team members work very hard to ensure that the men and women who are protecting our county are able to cast their ballot. We're fortunate to have numerous resources at our disposal to make this possible. Please see the information provided on how to cast your ballot if you are in the United States Military.
A military voter is an individual serving away from his/her place of permanent residence who is also:
- A member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, marine Corps, Coast Guard, or other uniformed service on active duty who, by reason of active duty, is absent from the place of residence where the member is otherwise qualified to vote.
- A member of the Merchant Marine who by reason of service in the Merchant Marine, is absent from the place of residence where the member is otherwise qualified to vote.
- A member of the Indiana National Guard deployed or on assignment outside of Indiana
- A spouse or dependent of a member referred to above who, by reason of the active duty or service of the member, is absent from the place of residence where the spouse or dependent is otherwise qualified to vote.
An OVERSEAS VOTER IS:
• A person who resides outside of the United States AND who is qualified to vote in the last place in which the person was domiciled before leaving the United States.
• A person who resides outside the United States and, but for such residence, would be qualified to vote in the last place in which the person was domiciled before leaving the United States.
• A voter who lives abroad and no longer has a legal residence in Indiana may only vote for federal offices as well as a person residing outside of the United States “indefinitely”.
Early voting in the Floyd County Clerk’s Office will be Monday – Friday 8:00-4:00 beginning October 8th – November 2nd and ending November 4th 8 am – noon.
The following sites will be open for Early Voting October 28th - November 1st 10:00 am – 7:00 pm.
|1||4-H Fairgrounds||2810 Green Valley Road||New Albany|
|2||Sojourn Church||2023 Ekin Ave||New Albany|
The following sites will be open for Early Voting on Saturdays, October 26th and November 2nd for the General Election with the hours of 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
|#||Satellite Voting Centers||Location||City|
|1||Floyd County Clerk’s Office||311 Hauss Sq. room 235||New Albany|
|2||New Albany Library||180 W Spring Street||New Albany|
|3||Sojourn Church||2023 Ekin Avenue||New Albany|
|4||Silver Street Park||2043 Silver Street||New Albany|
|5||4-H Fairgrounds||2810 Green Valley Road||New Albany|
|6||Trinity United Methodist||2796 Charlestown Road||New Albany|
The following sites will be open on Election Day from 6 am – 6 pm. Registered Floyd County Voters can vote at ANY of these vote centers.
The 2019 General Election will be held on November 5th. The polls are open from 6:00am - 6:00pm.
|1||New Albany Library||180 W. Spring Street||New Albany|
|2||St. Mary's Catholic Church||415 E. 8th St||New Albany|
|3||New Albany Housing Authority||300 Erni Avenue||New Albany|
|4||Sojourn Church||2023 Ekin Avenue||New Albany|
|5||Silver Street Park||2043 Silver Street||New Albany|
|6||4-H Fairgrounds||2810 Green Valley Road||New Albany|
|7||Grace Lutheran Church||1787 Klerner Lane||New Albany|
|8||Trinity United Methodist||2796 Charlestown Road||New Albany|
|9||Scribner Middle School||910 Old Vincennes Road||New Albany|
|10||Education Support Center||2801 Grant Line Road||New Albany|
|11||Pineview Government Center||2524 Corydon Pike||New Albany|
|12||Georgetown Elementary School||8800 High Street||Georgetown|
|13||Griffin Recreation Center||1140 Griffin Street||New Albany|
|14||Greenville Elementary School||7025 Cross Street||Greenville|